Saturday, November 12, 2011

A First Posting

Dear Reader,

As a first entry, it seems this should be a more solemn posting, but on occasion, solemnity seems to abandon her devotees to their own devices.  So with cheerfulness rather than gravity, I bid you welcome to this quiet little corner of the vitual universe! Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you come back often!

Started at the urging of several friends who say I should try blogging in my native language rather than just a second one, this will be a conglomeration of reflections and compositions, with a sprinkling of humor and music, topped off with just a dash of journaling.  Subjects which will most certainly appear here in some guise or other, are reading, writing, linguistics, cultural studies, and classical music.  The lure of an occasional bit of philosophy may also be irresistible...

I hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I expect to enjoy writing it.  Updates may be slightly sporadic, as a full time profession of student and librarian precludes a perfect succession of postings--or the time to write them!  But postings should be fairly regular. 

Glad you stopped by! 

And welcome!

1 comment:

  1. An excellent first post, my friend! I look forward to many future updates. Even if they are irregular.:)

    ReplyDelete